Vegan interiors for the
Kindly Geek gives ethical vegans like you the insight you need to make informed choices.
We provide details of vegan interior options and trims for the
. You'll also find information on price, specifications, features, and useful resources for the vehicle, together with
's approach to corporate social responsibility and the environment.
For more vegan cars, please see our complete guide.
told us about vegan interior options for the
We emailed the car manufacturer to ask them about vegan options for this car, here's their response.
We value your interest in vegan friendly options with the Nissan brand! Models such as the 2018 Altima 2.5 S, 2018 Murano S, 2018 Rogue S, and 2018 Sentra S offer cloth seats and options with the interior that would allow you to be animal-free.
What vegan, leather-free options are there for the
We searched the vehicle brochures for vegan information, and we're pleased to say that
vegan trim option(s) for the
This means that certain
interiors don't contain any leather, suede, or other animal products. You can find details of the specific interior(s) below, together with plenty of other important information about the
Details of vegan, non-leather trim options for this vehicle
The following trim and interior level(s) are vegan on the
- Nissan Sentra S - Cloth seats and leather-free steering wheel and gear stick.
Here's some important information for the vegan option(s) we show above:
- This information relates to newer cars that are purchased in the US, typically 2018 / 2019 models.
- If you're buying an older car or you're outside the US, please double-check whether the car you're interested in has a non-leather, animal-product-free interior.
- When we say "vegan" we mean that to the best of our knowledge the car interior does not contain leather or suede - there may be other animal-derived products (e.g. in the glue in the car or the tires), but information on that is not readily available.
- In every case, we recommend carrying out your own research to ensure the trim level you are interested in is vegan. Although we try to keep all our details accurate, car information, specifications, and interior options do change over time.
- You can research whether a car interior is vegan by checking the manufacturer's website, reading car brochures, contacting the manufacturer's customer service team, and speaking with your local dealer.
- If you find any errors here, please let us know and we'll update these details. Thanks!
Non-vegan trims for the
Details of non-vegan trim options for this vehicle
Unfortunately, the following interior and trim options are not vegan:
- Nissan Sentra SV - Cloth seats but leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Nissan Sentra SR - Premium Sport cloth seats but leather-wrapped steering wheel and optional leather-appointed seats.
- Nissan Sentra SR Turbo - Premium Sport cloth seats but leather-wrapped steering wheel and optional leather-appointed seats.
- Nissan Sentra SL -Leather-appointed seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Nissan Sentra NISMO - Alcantara and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
If you want more vegan trim options, please get in contact with
via their website.
We think the following approach would work well:
- Clearly explain why vegan interior options would be a good idea for their vehicles.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Use information about their sustainability, environmental views, and corporate social responsibility to inform what you say. You can find details of those areas below.
- Let them know that more vegans would consider buying their cars if they came with more interiors that did not contain animal products.
- If you do get in touch with them, please let us know what they said and we'll update this page with any responses. Thanks!
Specifications and quick reference for the
Here's the main reference information you need for the
. The information shown below is for the basic model and may change depending on the options you choose.
General, safety, and warranty information
Manufacturer's price from:
3 yr./ 36000 mi.
Driver-side crash safety:
CSR score (out of 100):
Efficiency and engine information
Fuel tank capacity (gallons):
Highway range (miles):
front wheel drive
continuously variable-speed automatic
says about the
Elevate your every day with a sedan that proves the good life is well within reach. Head-turning good looks, available advanced driving technologies, and great fuel economy are just the start. Fill an impressive interior with friends and enjoy more of everything.
's approach to sustainability and corporate social responsibility
We know that many vegans care deeply about how a car manufacturer approaches sustainability and environmentalism. It's also vital these manufacturers treat their employees and community well, and manage their business in a responsible and ethical way.
Here's what they say.
on corporate social responsibility
As a global automaker, Nissan takes active steps to identify the direct and indirect environmental effects of its activities, as well as those of its business partners throughout the value chain. The company pursues needed technologies and processes to help minimize the impact of its products on people and communities throughout their lifecycle, while also engaging in communication with society. The company provides customers with innovative products and promotes effective use of energy and resources by increasing sourcing diversity, such as with renewable energy and recycled materials. In this way, Nissan is aiming to achieve its environmental philosophy of “a Symbiosis of People, Vehicles and Nature."
achieved a corporate social responsibility score of
out of 100 from CSR hub.
on the environment and sustainability
Nissan’s ultimate goal is to limit the environmental impact and resource consumption of its corporate activities and its vehicles during their entire lifecycle to a level at which the planet can naturally absorb them. Toward this goal, the company pursues activities in three key areas: reducing CO2 emissions, promoting resource recycling and preserving air, water, soil, and biodiversity.
Key features of this vehicle are shown below.
- Bold front fascia, grille, hood and fenders, rear fascia and taillights
- Sophisticated exterior design with a low beltline and strong front-to-rear character line
- Boomerang-shaped, multi-reflector halogen headlights with LED accents
- Standard projector LED low beam headlights (halogen high beam) with LED accents on SR and SL grades
- Standard Intelligent Auto Headlights (I-AH) with windshield wiper activation
- Available fog lights
- Nissan signature V-Motion grille
- Available heated outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals
- Chrome door handles
- SR grade includes lower body side sill extensions, rear spoiler with integrated LED brake light, chrome exhaust tip finisher and 17-inch forked 10-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels
- Chrome trunk lid finisher
- A long wheelbase of 106.3 inches, 182.1-inch overall length
- 15.1-cubic foot cargo volume
- Available SR Midnight Edition exterior treatment, including black heated outside mirrors, black rear spoiler, black license plate finisher, black V-motion grille, black fog lamp surrounds, black exterior name/grade badges and black Midnight Edition badge
- Eight available exterior colors: Brilliant Silver, Super Black, Aspen White (premium charge), Gun Metallic, Graphite Blue, Red Alert, Scarlet Ember (premium color), Fresh Powder and Deep Blue Pearl
Platform and Powertrain
- Lightweight front engine/front-wheel-drive platform
- 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine, with 124 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm (130 hp S 6MT) and 125 lb-ft of torque @ 3,600 rpm (128 lb-ft S 6MT)
- Twin Continuously Variable Timing Control (CVTC), beehive shaped valve springs reduce inertial weight
- Available 6-speed manual transmission (S grade only) or standard Xtronic transmission
- Xtronic transmission features wide 7.3:1 gear ratio range, sub-planetary gear, flexible lock-up damper and next-generation D-Step shift program for direct shift feel and linear acceleration feel
Suspension, Steering and Braking
- Power-assisted vented front disc/rear drum brakes
- Standard 4-wheel disc brakes on SR and SL models
- Standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Independent strut front suspension with 22.0 mm stabilizer bar
- Torsion beam rear suspension with integrated 24.6 mm stabilizer bar
- High frequency-response shock absorbers
- Active Understeer Control system (not available on S 6MT)
- Electronic Power Steering system (vehicle-speed-sensitive) with 16.3:1 steering ratio
- Standard 16-inch wheels with 205/60R16 all-season tires
- Standard 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels on SV grade
- 17-inch 10-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 205/60R17 all-season tires on SR grade
- 17-inch 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 205/50R17 all-season tires on SL grade
- Available Midnight Edition 17-inch black aluminum-alloy wheels
- High quality interior design with soft touch surfaces on the instrument panel and door armrests
- 370Z-inspired steering wheel, shift knob, center console, center cluster and audio display
- Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges
- Cloth seat trim, available premium cloth or leather-appointed seating
- Standard Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display (ADAD) (except S 6MT)
- Standard 6-way manual driver's seat/4-way manual front passenger's seat
- Standard 6-way power driver's seat for SL, optional on SR
- Standard heated front seats for SR and SL, optional on SV
- Front center console with enlarged storage, armrest and front cupholders
- Available sliding center armrest
- Available front seat storage pockets (SV, SR, SL)
- 60/40-split fold-down rear seat
- Available rear center armrest with cupholders (SV, SR, SL)
- Standard tilt and telescopic steering column
- Standard Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control, allows the driver and front passenger to set individual air temperatures (except S grade)
- Power windows with driver-side one-touch auto up/down and auto-reverse feature
- Power door locks with auto-locking feature
- Available premium sport cloth seats, sport interior trim (SR grade)
- AM/FM/CD audio system with 4 speakers and MP3/WMA playback capability; auxiliary audio input jack, Radio Data System (RDS); available AM/FM/CD with 6 speakers
- Available Bose® Premium audio system with eight speakers
- Available SiriusXM® Satellite Radio (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately)
- Standard USB connection port with iPod® interface
- Available NissanConnect with Navigation and Mobile Apps, 5.8-inch color touch-screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for audio and navigation, SiriusXM® Traffic and SiriusXM® Travel Link™ (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately)
- Available Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®, Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant
- Available NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM® (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately)
- Available Nissan Intelligent Key® keyless entry with push button ignition
- Standard Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System
- Standard RearView Monitor
- Available power sliding glass moonroof with tilt feature
- One interior color: Charcoal
- Standard Siri Eyes Free® Voice Recognition
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) – standard on SR and SL
Safety and Security
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Front-seat belts with pretensioners, load limiters and adjustable upper anchors
- Standard 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions
- Zone Body Construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Child safety rear door locks
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with available Easy-Fill Tire Alert
- Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
- Standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
- Available Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- Available Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Standard Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) (Xtronic only, not available on Sentra NISMO)
Models and Manufacturing
- Offered in five well-equipped trim levels: S 6MT, S Xtronic, SV, SR and SL
- Also available in Sentra SR Turbo 6MT, Sentra SR Turbo Xtronic, Sentra NISMO 6MT and Sentra NISMO Xtronic (see NissanNews.com)
- Assembled by Nissan Mexicana SA de CV (NMEX-DF), Aguascalientes, Mexico
Other vegan cars you might be interested in
Kindly Geek Notes
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek's own.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide, and are used under "Fair Use" guidelines to provide information, context, and insight.
- No endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Any areas marked "n/a" simply means that information was not available.
- We strive to keep this information accurate. If you're aware of any changes, errors, false statements, or omissions, please get in touch and we'll correct them.
- Always speak to your car dealer about vegan interiors and trims and confirm the interior option you are interested in is vegan, before ordering or buying.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.
- Thanks to Edmunds, the IIHS, CSR Hub, and the car manufacturer for publishing useful information that we have shared in this guide for informational purposes.