Vegan interiors for the
Kindly Geek gives ethical vegans like you the insight you need to make informed choices.
We provide details of vegan interior options and trims for the
. You'll also find information on price, specifications, features, and useful resources for the vehicle, together with
's approach to corporate social responsibility and the environment.
For more vegan cars, please see our complete guide.
told us about vegan interior options for the
We emailed the car manufacturer to ask them about vegan options for this car, here's their response.
Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. and for your interest in Subaru.The following models are not equipped with leather seats, shifters, or steering wheels. The seats in these models are cloth and the shifter and steering wheel are synthetic leather. The origin of the synthetic leather is unknown and can be from oils from animals and/or plants. Here are the vehicles: The 2018 Outback 2.5i., the 2018 Legacy 2.5i., the 2018 Impreza 2.0i., the 2018 Crosstrek 2.0i., the 2018 Forester 2.5i., the 2018 WRX base model. These are the base models in these model lines.Thank you again for your interest in Subaru.
What vegan, leather-free options are there for the
We searched the vehicle brochures for vegan information, and we're pleased to say that
vegan trim option(s) for the
This means that certain
interiors don't contain any leather, suede, or other animal products. You can find details of the specific interior(s) below, together with plenty of other important information about the
Details of vegan, non-leather trim options for this vehicle
The following trim and interior level(s) are vegan on the
- Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i - Cloth upholstery.
Here's some important information for the vegan option(s) we show above:
- This information relates to newer cars that are purchased in the US, typically 2018 / 2019 models.
- If you're buying an older car or you're outside the US, please double-check whether the car you're interested in has a non-leather, animal-product-free interior.
- When we say "vegan" we mean that to the best of our knowledge the car interior does not contain leather or suede - there may be other animal-derived products (e.g. in the glue in the car or the tires), but information on that is not readily available.
- In every case, we recommend carrying out your own research to ensure the trim level you are interested in is vegan. Although we try to keep all our details accurate, car information, specifications, and interior options do change over time.
- You can research whether a car interior is vegan by checking the manufacturer's website, reading car brochures, contacting the manufacturer's customer service team, and speaking with your local dealer.
- If you find any errors here, please let us know and we'll update these details. Thanks!
Non-vegan trims for the
Details of non-vegan trim options for this vehicle
Unfortunately, the following interior and trim options are not vegan:
- Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium - Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob.
- Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Limited - Leather-trimmed upholstery, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob.
If you want more vegan trim options, please get in contact with
via their website.
We think the following approach would work well:
- Clearly explain why vegan interior options would be a good idea for their vehicles.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Use information about their sustainability, environmental views, and corporate social responsibility to inform what you say. You can find details of those areas below.
- Let them know that more vegans would consider buying their cars if they came with more interiors that did not contain animal products.
- If you do get in touch with them, please let us know what they said and we'll update this page with any responses. Thanks!
Specifications and quick reference for the
Here's the main reference information you need for the
. The information shown below is for the basic model and may change depending on the options you choose.
General, safety, and warranty information
Manufacturer's price from:
3 yr./ 36000 mi.
Driver-side crash safety:
CSR score (out of 100):
Efficiency and engine information
Fuel tank capacity (gallons):
Highway range (miles):
all wheel drive
continuously variable-speed automatic
says about the
Setting your own course is how you got here. Now feel free to push it further in the all-new 2018 Crosstrek. Designed and built with more capability, safety, comfort and space, it’s here to take part in the pursuit of bold, new experiences. With the new Crosstrek, you have the ability to take on roads that others can’t—and the confidence to determine what’s possible. Love is out there. Find it in a Crosstrek.
's approach to sustainability and corporate social responsibility
We know that many vegans care deeply about how a car manufacturer approaches sustainability and environmentalism. It's also vital these manufacturers treat their employees and community well, and manage their business in a responsible and ethical way.
Here's what they say.
on corporate social responsibility
At Subaru of America we are committed to the vitality of our people, to the health of our planet, and to enhancing the communities where we live and work. Our corporate responsibility efforts and philanthropic commitments address the issues our employees, customers and communities are passionate about and we strive to address these issues in ways that allow us to create positive change – within our operations and beyond our four walls.
achieved a corporate social responsibility score of
out of 100 from CSR hub.
on the environment and sustainability
Subaru recovers bumpers, steel, shredder dust, airbags and CFC substitutes from used vehicles in an attempt to make effective use of these limited resources. Improving the recycling potential requires vehicles to be constructed with recycling in mind from the design stage. Steps include using materials that can easily be recycled, a structure that can be easily dismantled, and labels on materials.
Since FY2004, Subaru plants in Japan and overseas continue to achieve “Zero-emission factory status,” where waste generated at factories during the production process is reduced to zero. Combined with energy-efficient production processes and lower water consumption, Subaru is seeking a more environmental approach to vehicle production. Recycling and the use of returnable packaging materials has been adopted on the logistical side of production logistics, such as transporting components and parts, with every stage of vehicle production tailored to present a lower burden on the environment.
Key features of this vehicle are shown below.
- 24-hour roadside assistance for new car limited warranty period
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 17-inch alloy wheels in black with machine finish
- 225/60 R17 all-season tires
- Active Torque Vectoring
- 3-spoke steering wheel with audio and Bluetooth® control switches
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, Brake Assist and Brake Override systems
- 60/40 split fold down rear seatback
- STARLINK 6.5-inch Multimedia with a high-resolution touchscreen; AM/FM stereo, smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay™ and Android™ Auto, Aha™and Pandora®, Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming
- 4-speaker audio system
- Audio system with off-delay
- Air conditioning with air filtration
- Body-color exterior door handles
- Cargo tie-down hooks and grocery bag hooks
- Carpeted floor mats
- Center console
- Cloth upholstery
- Cruise control
- Dark tint privacy glass
- Digital clock and outside temperature gauge
- Eco gauge (fuel economy)
- Electric power assist steering, quick ratio
- Front seatback pocket, passenger seat
- Headlights/parking lights auto-off with ignition switch
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Incline Start Assist
- Multi-function display
- Off-delay dome light
- Power door locks
- Power exterior mirrors
- Power windows with driver and front passenger one-touch auto-up/auto-down with off-delay and pinch protection; illuminated switches on front doors
- Rear window wiper with washer
- Rear vision camera
- Rear roof spoiler, gloss black finish
- Remote keyless entry system
- Rocker spoiler, black
- Roof rails, black
- Safety pedal system
- Security system with engine immobilizer
- Side cladding, black
- Simulated carbon fiber center dash panel trim and door trim inserts
- Subaru Advanced Frontal Airbags, front seat side pelvis/torso airbags, side curtain airbags with rollover sensor and driver’s knee airbag
- Tilt/telescoping adjustable steering column
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Turn signals with one-touch lane changer
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)
- Whiplash-reducing front seats
Other vegan cars you might be interested in
Kindly Geek Notes
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek's own.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide, and are used under "Fair Use" guidelines to provide information, context, and insight.
- No endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Any areas marked "n/a" simply means that information was not available.
- We strive to keep this information accurate. If you're aware of any changes, errors, false statements, or omissions, please get in touch and we'll correct them.
- Always speak to your car dealer about vegan interiors and trims and confirm the interior option you are interested in is vegan, before ordering or buying.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.
- Thanks to Edmunds, the IIHS, CSR Hub, and the car manufacturer for publishing useful information that we have shared in this guide for informational purposes.