Vegan interiors for the
Kindly Geek gives ethical vegans like you the insight you need to make informed choices.
We provide details of vegan interior options and trims for the
. You'll also find information on price, specifications, features, and useful resources for the vehicle, together with
's approach to corporate social responsibility and the environment.
For more vegan cars, please see our complete guide.
told us about vegan interior options for the
We emailed the car manufacturer to ask them about vegan options for this car, here's their response.
What vegan, leather-free options are there for the
We searched the vehicle brochures for vegan information, and we're pleased to say that
vegan trim option(s) for the
This means that certain
interiors don't contain any leather, suede, or other animal products. You can find details of the specific interior(s) below, together with plenty of other important information about the
Details of vegan, non-leather trim options for this vehicle
The following trim and interior level(s) are vegan on the
- Honda Clarity sedan PLUG-IN HYBRID - Fabric seats, leather-free steering wheel.
Here's some important information for the vegan option(s) we show above:
- This information relates to newer cars that are purchased in the US, typically 2018 / 2019 models.
- If you're buying an older car or you're outside the US, please double-check whether the car you're interested in has a non-leather, animal-product-free interior.
- When we say "vegan" we mean that to the best of our knowledge the car interior does not contain leather or suede - there may be other animal-derived products (e.g. in the glue in the car or the tires), but information on that is not readily available.
- In every case, we recommend carrying out your own research to ensure the trim level you are interested in is vegan. Although we try to keep all our details accurate, car information, specifications, and interior options do change over time.
- You can research whether a car interior is vegan by checking the manufacturer's website, reading car brochures, contacting the manufacturer's customer service team, and speaking with your local dealer.
- If you find any errors here, please let us know and we'll update these details. Thanks!
Non-vegan trims for the
Details of non-vegan trim options for this vehicle
Unfortunately, the following interior and trim options are not vegan:
- Honda Civic hatchback PLUG-IN HYBRID TOURING - Leather-trimmed seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel.
If you want more vegan trim options, please get in contact with
via their website.
We think the following approach would work well:
- Clearly explain why vegan interior options would be a good idea for their vehicles.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Use information about their sustainability, environmental views, and corporate social responsibility to inform what you say. You can find details of those areas below.
- Let them know that more vegans would consider buying their cars if they came with more interiors that did not contain animal products.
- If you do get in touch with them, please let us know what they said and we'll update this page with any responses. Thanks!
Specifications and quick reference for the
Here's the main reference information you need for the
. The information shown below is for the basic model and may change depending on the options you choose.
General, safety, and warranty information
Manufacturer's price from:
3 yr./ 36000 mi.
Driver-side crash safety:
CSR score (out of 100):
Efficiency and engine information
Fuel tank capacity (gallons):
Highway range (miles):
front wheel drive
continuously variable-speed automatic
says about the
Put range anxiety in the rearview mirror. Sometimes, you want to drive an electric car. Sometimes, you need more flexibility. That’s why Honda created the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid. Charge up and drive on electricity, or tap into its engine for unexpected turns—all while spending less time at the pump.
's approach to sustainability and corporate social responsibility
We know that many vegans care deeply about how a car manufacturer approaches sustainability and environmentalism. It's also vital these manufacturers treat their employees and community well, and manage their business in a responsible and ethical way.
Here's what they say.
on corporate social responsibility
At Honda, we know the true measure of a company isn’t just great products but the impact that company has on society. From reducing our impact on the environment to the life-saving technology in our vehicles to our associates’ public service work in the communities, we’re committed to making a difference in ways that extend far behind our assembly lines.
Sameness doesn’t work in a product line and it doesn’t work in a workforce. That’s why from the beginning, Honda has strived to bring people from different cultures, backgrounds, races, genders and sexual orientations together. It’s a commitment that hasn’t just created better diversity. It’s created a better Honda.
We may be a global company but, at our core, we are people – people who care about our families, our neighbors and our communities. Our programs like Team Honda Week of Service, Honda Battle of the Bands and our charitable giving are how we are trying to make a difference in our neighborhoods and around the world.
achieved a corporate social responsibility score of
out of 100 from CSR hub.
on the environment and sustainability
At Honda, we continue to search for better ways to reduce our impact on the environment. That’s why from the reduced emissions of our plants to the “greener” life cycles of our products, our desire to preserve Blue Skies for Our Children plays a role in everything we do.
Honda takes great care to consider the environmental impact of everything we do, and everything we make. As the largest manufacturer of engines in the world, we strive to ensure those engines – as well as the products powered by them – are clean and fuel efficient with the least possible emissions. This commitment drove Honda to be one of the first companies to declare its own Environmental Statement in 1992. In 2011, we went one step further with our commitment to the planet when we issued our Environmental and Safety Vision.
Key features of this vehicle are shown below.
- 1.5-liter, 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC® Atkinson-cycle in-line 4-cylinder engine
- High-output electric motor with 181 peak horsepower and 232 lb.-ft. of torque
- 17kWh, 168-cell lithium-ion battery pack capacity
- Full charge in just 2.5 hours at 240 volts
- 110 MPGe all-electric combined (city& highway) EPA fuel economy rating1
- 44/40/42 MPG (city/highway/combined) EPA fuel economy rating1 (gasoline-only)
- 47 mile EPA electric-only range rating
- Roomy 5-passenger cabin
- 8-inch Display Audio with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ integration
- Highly efficient aerodynamics
- Standard Honda Sensing®
Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain
- Peak total system output: 212 horsepower
- 1.5-liter, DOHC, i-VTEC® Atkinson-cycle inline-4 cylinder engine
- Engine output: 103 peak horsepower (SAE net) at 5,500 rpm
- Engine output: 99 lb.-ft. peak torque (SAE net) at 5,000 rpm
- i-VTEC® (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) + Electric VTC
- Computer-controlled port fuel injection with multi-hole fuel injectors
- 13.5:1 compression ratio
- AC synchronous electric traction motor
- Propulsion motor peak output: 181 horsepower and 232 lb.-ft. of torque
- Integrated starter/generator motor
- Maintenance Minder™ system optimizes service intervals
- 100,000+/- miles engine tune-up interval
- Regular Unleaded fuel recommended
- 17 kWh lithium-ion (Li-Ion) battery
- Electric-servo regenerative braking system
- Full charge in 2.5 hours using a Level 2, 240 volt (32 amp) charger
- Emission warranty: Eight-year/100,000-mile or ten-year/150,000-mile Li-Ion battery limited warranty, depending on the state of purchase/registration
Emissions/Fuel Economy/Range Ratings
- 47 mile EPA all-electric range rating
- 110 MPGe all-electric combined (city & highway) EPA fuel economy rating
- 44/40/42 MPG (city/highway/combined) EPA fuel economy rating (gasoline-only)
- Meets LEVIII SULEV20 emission standards
Other vegan cars you might be interested in
Kindly Geek Notes
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek's own.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide, and are used under "Fair Use" guidelines to provide information, context, and insight.
- No endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Any areas marked "n/a" simply means that information was not available.
- We strive to keep this information accurate. If you're aware of any changes, errors, false statements, or omissions, please get in touch and we'll correct them.
- Always speak to your car dealer about vegan interiors and trims and confirm the interior option you are interested in is vegan, before ordering or buying.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.
- Thanks to Edmunds, the IIHS, CSR Hub, and the car manufacturer for publishing useful information that we have shared in this guide for informational purposes.