Vegan interiors for the
Kindly Geek gives ethical vegans like you the insight you need to make informed choices.
We provide details of vegan interior options and trims for the
. You'll also find information on price, specifications, features, and useful resources for the vehicle, together with
's approach to corporate social responsibility and the environment.
For more vegan cars, please see our complete guide.
told us about vegan interior options for the
We emailed the car manufacturer to ask them about vegan options for this car, here's their response.
What vegan, leather-free options are there for the
We searched the vehicle brochures for vegan information, and we're pleased to say that
vegan trim option(s) for the
This means that certain
interiors don't contain any leather, suede, or other animal products. You can find details of the specific interior(s) below, together with plenty of other important information about the
Details of vegan, non-leather trim options for this vehicle
The following trim and interior level(s) are vegan on the
- Ford EcoSport S - Cloth seats, leather-free steering wheel and gear shift knob.
Here's some important information for the vegan option(s) we show above:
- This information relates to newer cars that are purchased in the US, typically 2018 / 2019 models.
- If you're buying an older car or you're outside the US, please double-check whether the car you're interested in has a non-leather, animal-product-free interior.
- When we say "vegan" we mean that to the best of our knowledge the car interior does not contain leather or suede - there may be other animal-derived products (e.g. in the glue in the car or the tires), but information on that is not readily available.
- In every case, we recommend carrying out your own research to ensure the trim level you are interested in is vegan. Although we try to keep all our details accurate, car information, specifications, and interior options do change over time.
- You can research whether a car interior is vegan by checking the manufacturer's website, reading car brochures, contacting the manufacturer's customer service team, and speaking with your local dealer.
- If you find any errors here, please let us know and we'll update these details. Thanks!
Non-vegan trims for the
Details of non-vegan trim options for this vehicle
Unfortunately, the following interior and trim options are not vegan:
- Ford EcoSport SE - Optional leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob.
- Ford EcoSport SES - Leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob.
- Ford EcoSport Titanium - Leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob.
If you want more vegan trim options, please get in contact with
via their website.
We think the following approach would work well:
- Clearly explain why vegan interior options would be a good idea for their vehicles.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Use information about their sustainability, environmental views, and corporate social responsibility to inform what you say. You can find details of those areas below.
- Let them know that more vegans would consider buying their cars if they came with more interiors that did not contain animal products.
- If you do get in touch with them, please let us know what they said and we'll update this page with any responses. Thanks!
Specifications and quick reference for the
Here's the main reference information you need for the
. The information shown below is for the basic model and may change depending on the options you choose.
General, safety, and warranty information
Manufacturer's price from:
3 yr./ 36000 mi.
Driver-side crash safety:
CSR score (out of 100):
Efficiency and engine information
Fuel tank capacity (gallons):
Highway range (miles):
front wheel drive
6-speed shiftable automatic
says about the
Fun, capable and connected, the all-new Ford EcoSport can be customized with 10 available colors, six interior choices and ambient lighting options. EcoSport's five-passenger interior features available SYNC 3 with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, plus there’s an available eight-inch voice activated touch screen.
's approach to sustainability and corporate social responsibility
We know that many vegans care deeply about how a car manufacturer approaches sustainability and environmentalism. It's also vital these manufacturers treat their employees and community well, and manage their business in a responsible and ethical way.
Here's what they say.
on corporate social responsibility
"At Ford, we believe that by facilitating freedom of movement, we can help create a better world. From supporting local communities where our employees live and work to investing in the talent of the future, we aim to make a positive impact on society.
Project Better World is a coordinated, grassroots initiative managed by Ford Fund and designed to develop transformational programs focused on mobility, education and sustainable communities. In 2017, Ford Fund awarded 234 grants, worth $10.3 million, to 178 nonprofits in 56 countries.
Over the past 10 years, Ford and Ford Fund have invested more than $166 million in Detroit and southeast Michigan, where we were founded back in 1903. Our support assists programs such as the Tiny Homes neighborhood project, a fleet of 20 Ford Mobile Food Pantries and Ford Blue Oval Scholarships. Since 2005, Ford Volunteer Corps has participated in nearly 10,000 local community service projects to make people’s lives better."
achieved a corporate social responsibility score of
out of 100 from CSR hub.
on the environment and sustainability
“Our planet is facing increasing challenges, with profound implications: greater congestion in cities, the rise of human population and climate change.
Over the past decade, we have developed a comprehensive approach to manage climate change and the opportunities of a changing world. Today, this approach includes delivering CO2 reductions in line with the Paris Climate Accord, and investing in the future of mobility.
As well as reducing vehicle and operational emissions, we’re committed to investing $11 billion in electric vehicles, with a goal of putting 40 hybrid and fully electric vehicles on the road by 2022.
We don’t have all the answers. But what we do have is the drive and the commitment to doing things the right way. We are working to make peoples’ lives better through greater access to mobility, more connectivity, less congestion and reduced emissions.
The future is exciting, and together we believe we can make a real difference to the world."
Key features of this vehicle are shown below.
- 12-volt powerpoints (two)
- Audio – AM/FM stereo with MP3 capability (S, SE, SES)
- Audio – B&O PLAY™ Premium Audio System by HARMAN (Titanium)
- Audio – SiriusXM® Radio (SE, SES, Titanium)
- Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler
- Engine – 1.0L EcoBoost® I-4 (S, SE, Titanium)
- Engine – 2.0L Ti-VCT direct-injection I-4 (SES)
- Front-wheel drive (S, SE, Titanium)
- Intelligent 4WD (SES)
- Intelligent Access with push-button start (SE, SES, Titanium)
- Mirrors – Power sideview
- Power windows and door locks
- Remote keyless entry system with two integrated keyhead transmitter remotes (S)
- Seats – Front buckets
- Seat – Rear 60/40 split fold-flat bench
- Steering wheel-mounted cruise control
- SYNC® with 4.2" color LCD screen in center stack and smart-charging USB ports (two) (S)
- SYNC 3 with LCD capacitive touch screen with AppLink,® 911 Assist® and two smart-charging USB ports (SE, SES, Titanium)
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- Transmission – Six-speed SelectShift® automatic
- Wipers – Intermittent front and rear
Standard safety and security
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™
- Airbags – Driver and front-passenger knee, front-/rear-seat side and Safety Canopy® System with side-curtain airbags and rollover sensor
- Battery saver
- Brakes – Four-wheel disc with Anti-Lock
- Brake System
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Head restraints and three-point safety belts on all five seating positions
- Illuminated entry system
- LATCH – Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children
- Personal Safety System™ for driver and front passenger with dual-stage front airbags
- Rearview camera
- SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System (S)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- Tire pressure monitoring system (excludes spare)
- Traction control
Other vegan cars you might be interested in
Kindly Geek Notes
- We provide objective, unbiased, factual information to help ethical vegans make more informed choices and purchasing decisions. Any opinions shared are Kindly Geek's own.
- All logos, trademarks, products, brands, quotes, relevant images, and other media, are registered and owned by the businesses mentioned in this guide, and are used under "Fair Use" guidelines to provide information, context, and insight.
- No endorsement, opposition, or ownership of these trademarks, images, brands, quotes, businesses, products, and other media is claimed or implied by Kindly Geek.
- Any areas marked "n/a" simply means that information was not available.
- We strive to keep this information accurate. If you're aware of any changes, errors, false statements, or omissions, please get in touch and we'll correct them.
- Always speak to your car dealer about vegan interiors and trims and confirm the interior option you are interested in is vegan, before ordering or buying.
- Further information is available in our disclaimer.
- Thanks to Edmunds, the IIHS, CSR Hub, and the car manufacturer for publishing useful information that we have shared in this guide for informational purposes.